MACOMB, Ill. (WMBD)– A man accused of shooting his roommate inside of their Western Illinois University dorm room made his first appearance before a judge.
18-year-old Kavion Poplous of Chicago appeared before a judge virtually in the McDonough County Courthouse Monday afternoon for the first time and heard the charges against him.
Poplous is facing four felony charges including two counts of Attempted First Degree Murder which carries up to 30 years in prison. He is also facing one count of Aggravated Battery and one count of Aggravated Discharge of a Firearm.
Poplous is being held on a $1 million bond with his next hearing set for Oct. 6 at 1:30 p.m.
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR
- The Kool-Aid Man is crashing some houses for a “reverse Trick-or-Treat” this Halloween
- Man arrested for downtown Peoria Stabbing