PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — An arrest warrant has been issued for a third person in connection to the shooting death of 21-year-old Terrence Dunigan Jr. in the 3300 block of West Woodhill Lane.
17-year-old Mikeal Reed has been charged with first-degree murder. Reed remains at large. Two others have been arrested for the homicide. 19-year-old Talya Zolicoffer Jr. and 16-year-old Keon Patterson both face first-degree murder charges.
On Sept. 5, police said they received a call around 6:20 p.m. Saturday evening with the caller saying a man was breathing, but not conscious in the 3300 block of West Woodhill Lane. They said Peoria Firefighters arrived at the scene of a shooting where they found Dunigan unresponsive with a gunshot wound.
Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood pronounced Dunigan dead at 7:44 p.m.
“Speak up,” Jashawnda Dunigan, Terrence’s mother said. “This has been my motto for the last seven years, speak up. Because it’s going to knock at your door and you’re going to have the same emotions.”
Reed’s bond has been set at $1 million. Zolicoffer and Patterson’s bonds are each $500,000. All three are set to be arraigned Thursday, Oct. 1.
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- Veterans Voices: Willing Warriors retreat helps with healing