WOODFORD COUNTY, Ill. (WMBD) — Three people are dead and two are injured after being involved in a crash Saturday morning on IL Route 116 and CR 2400E.
At around 2 a.m., a car carrying three passengers collided into an ambulance that was transporting a patient to a local hospital. According to the preliminary investigation, released by the Illinois State Police, the driver of the car, a 20-year-old Morgan Ryder of Gridley drove into the path of an ambulance. It caused the ambulance to hit the driver’s side of the vehicle, killing the Ryder at the scene.
The passengers in the car, 19-year-old Jared Seggerman of Minonk and 19-year-old Seth Unruh or Pattonsburg, also died. The other passenger in the car was 21-year-old Blake Hert of Minonk. He was transported to a local hospital with serious injuries.
The driver of the ambulance, 42-year-old Joe Delgado of Lasalle was transported to a local hospital with injuries. The passengers in the ambulance were OK.
Route 116 and CR 2400E was closed off for about six hours. All lanes reopened around 8 a.m.
- In The Kitchen | Mother’s Day Mason Jar Granola & Lentil and Brown Rice Soup Mix
- Biden delivers infrastructure message during trip to Louisiana
- ON THE RECORD: Central Illinois Army Veteran, former police officer talks platform for Governor
- Extra Effort: Washington Allie Scrivner Helps Student Body as Much as Softball Team
- Prep Sports Recap for May 6, 2021