BENSON, Ill. (AP) — Authorities in central Illinois say three people are dead after a collision between an ambulance and another vehicle on a Woodford County road.
Killed in the crash Saturday were 20-year-old Morgan Ryder of Gridley, 19-year-old Jared Seggerman of Minonk, and 19-year-old Seth Unruh of Pattonsburg. Another passenger in the car, a 21-year-old Minonk man, was taken to an area hospital with serious injuries.
Police say the vehicle driven by Ryder was southbound on County Road approaching Illinois Route 116 when it turned into the pathway of the ambulance traveling west on County Road.
The ambulance driver, a 42-year-old man from LaSalle, was hospitalized, along with the patient being transported, a 78-year-old Ottawa woman.
- Illinois region to return to Phase 4; indoor dining, larger gatherings may resume with restrictions
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, other stars reunite for ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’ virtual table read
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 1
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 2
- Cracker Barrel set to add these alcoholic drinks to its menus