CANTON, Ill. (WMBD) — One woman is injured after a shooting took place Thursday morning in Canton.
Canton police said they are investigating a shooting that happened around 9 a.m. Thursday in the 100 block of N. 3rd Ave. Police said a male suspect shot a 25-year-old woman before fleeing the scene in a silver Ford Focus.
Police said the victim was taken to the hospital to be treated for her injuries. At this time, her condition is unknown.
The incident is under investigation by the Canton Police Department and several other local police agencies.
- Teenager stabbed in Pekin
- Local election officials assure the public ballots are safe from foreign interference
- Dream center to offer mobile showers to the Peoria homeless community
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Current Peoria mayoral race entirely made up of diverse candidates