PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD)– The Peoria County Sheriff’s Office is teaming up with Illinois State Police as part of their “Click It or Ticket” and “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” enforcement campaigns.
A Peoria County Sheriff’s news release states that the campaign will run from Nov. 17. through Nov. 27.
“Thanksgiving means more vehicles on the road – and an increased risk of crashes,” said Sheriff
He continued, “No matter how long or short your drive, remember to buckle up and make sure
children are in a safe seat. By buckling up and making a plan for a sober ride home, you help
everyone have a safe and happy holiday.”
The campaigns hope to bring high visibility to traffic safety to reduce vehicle crashes, injuries, and fatalities for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The campaign implores those partaking in alcohol to remember the following tips:
- Plan for a sober ride home before you go out.
- Call a taxi, take mass transit or ask a family member to get you home safely.
- Use your favorite ride-share service, such as Uber or Lyft, or take public
- If you see a drunk driver, pull over safely and call 911.
- Make sure everyone in your vehicle wears their seat belt. It is the best defense
against an impaired driver
Federal safety funds for the safety campaigns were administered by IDOT.