The Illinois Department of Transportation announces that traffic signal construction will take place between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesday, January 30, and Wednesday, January 31, in Peoria, East Peoria and in Washington.
Construction will occur at the following:
- U.S. 150/War Memorial Drive in Peoria at various locations between Prospect Avenue and Orange Prairie Road.
- Illinois 40/Kumpf Avenue in Peoria from Adams Street to Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
- Illinois 40/Knoxville Avenue in Peoria at Bethany Way, near Pioneer Parkway.
- Illinois 116 Main Street in East Peoria at the intersection of Illinois 116 and Springfield Road.
- Illinois 8 in East Peoria from Meadows Avenue through Illini Drive
- Illinois 8 in Washington at the intersection of Peoria Street and Wilmor Road.
Drivers coming thru the work zones may encounter brief signal interruptions during which signals may flash red or be completely dark. These interruptions are not expected to last more than a few minutes at each location. ISP will be on site to help crews maintain the flow of traffic.
Temporary stop signs will also be in place.
A child is dead after a massive house fire on Tuesday…
Running a city isn't a one person task and it certainly isn't…
Today Illinois Senators Dick Durbin (D-IL) and Tammy Duckworth…