TREMONT, Ill (WMBD) The Tremont Area Park District is looking to sell one of the city’s event buildings.
Tremont residents can expect to see the question on the ballot come election day. Voters can choose to keep the space located on Sampson Street or allow it to be sold.
The park district currently owns multiple buildings and hopes to consolidate. District director, Trina Burge, said selling the building would be more cost effective.
She says this would push the district further to the goal of a centralized location for recreation needs.
- 6 more COVID-19 deaths, 88% of ICU beds being used in McLean County
- Illinois home sales jump 34.9% in October
- ‘Not a pop-up’: 200 Sephora locations to open in Kohl’s stores in 2021
- Starbucks offering free coffee to frontline workers through December
- LIVE: Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, Fed Chair Powell testify on COVID-19 relief needs