PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local health departments reported 49 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Tuesday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update.
Peoria County reported 32 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 3,536 with 46 deaths. In Tazewell County, there is 16 new case for a total of 1,806 with 27 deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported one new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 433 with seven deaths.
The additional death was a Woodford County man who was in his 80s. The man had co-morbidities and was not associated with a long term care facility.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 5,775 cases with 80 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states that 81.5% have recovered. 16.7% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 0.5%.
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system
- Advocates for and against abortion speaks on abortion rights
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR