PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Local health departments reported 49 new positive cases of COVID-19 in Tuesday’s Tri-County COVID-19 update.
Peoria County reported 32 new cases, bringing the county’s total to 3,536 with 46 deaths. In Tazewell County, there is 16 new case for a total of 1,806 with 27 deaths. Finally, Woodford County reported one new cases, bringing the county’s total cases to 433 with seven deaths.
The additional death was a Woodford County man who was in his 80s. The man had co-morbidities and was not associated with a long term care facility.
Collectively, the health departments reported a total of 5,775 cases with 80 deaths.
The Tri-County COVID-19 update states that 81.5% have recovered. 16.7% are self-isolating at home with a hospitalization rate of 0.5%.
- Peoria Bowler Includes Father in 300 Game By Placing His Ashes in His Ball
- Global carbon emissions decreased by 6.4% amid COVID pandemic
- Pres. Biden, VP Harris address nation after Derek Chauvin verdict
- Chauvin likely to appeal, claiming trial tainted by civil settlement, media coverage
- Normal council approves Route 66 Constitution Trail extension