PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria Police arrested two juveniles at the Walmart on Allen road Tuesday.
Peoria Police Public Information Officer Amy Dotson said the police were called to the Walmart around 5:45 p.m. after two males were recklessly driving the store’s electric convenience vehicles and almost hitting other customers.
The males were arguing with Walmart employees in the store’s parking lot when police arrived on the scene. One of the males was in possession of a firearm.
The two juveniles were both arrested and taken to the Juvenile Detention Center. The 17-year-old was charged for aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, not having a foid card and unlawful possession of a weapon under the age of 21. The 14-year-old was charged for resisting arrest.
- Peoria Police hoping to identify person of interest
- Pritzker gives COVID-19 update in Chicago
- Illinois reports 1,759 new COVID-19 cases, 30 coronavirus-related deaths
- Normal police officer finds garage on fire at Towanda and Baugh
- Bloomington apparel designer celebrates store’s grand opening