Illinois State Police have wrapped up their Click It or Ticket campaign. It was part of an effort to step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend.
The goal wasn’t only to catch drivers not wearing their seatbelts; officers were also on the lookout for speeders, distracted drivers, and people driving under the influence.
Here’s a breakdown from two departments in Central Illinois:
East Peoria Police issued:
- 21 Citations for seatbelt violations
- 4 child restraint citations
- 6 DUI arrests
- 15 suspended or revoked drivers along with 1 fugitive
- 33 drivers without insurance
- 15 citations for drivers using cellphones
Morton Police issued:
- 20 citations for seatbelt violations
- 3 driving while licence suspended/revoked citations
- 1 driver without a valid licence
- 11 Cell phone violations
- 2 DUI citations
- 5 other various traffic violations
For more information on the Click It or Ticket campaign, click here.