BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — The McLean County Interfaith Alliance and “Not in Our Town” held Virtual Twin Cities Interfaith Vigil Thursday.
The vigil brought together community members around Bloomington Normal to virtually gather in peace and show solidarity. The Vigil started with music and was followed by prayers from several religious leaders from around Bloomington Normal.
Rabbi Rebecca Dubowe of the Moses Montefiore Congregation said the community must go forward and listen together.
“This is an hour of prayer and an hour of change, we must go forward please listen we are all in this together,” Dubowe said.
The whole vigil can be watched on the First Baptist Church Bloomington Illinois YouTube page.
- Severe storms bring damaging winds and hail to Central Illinois
- Storms roll through central Illinois Saturday night
- Rally held in Normal seeks justice for Vanessa Guillen
- Over 24,000 Ameren customers without power during storms in Illinois
- Four firefighters test positive for COVID-19, 15 total in quarantine