WASHINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) – Authorities in Washington believe the man found behind Washington Plaza in a drainage ditch Wednesday morning was the victim of a homicide.
34-year-old Kyle McMurtrey of Washington was found dead about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. Washington Police Chief Mike McCoy said they have several people they believe were involved in his death, but they are still looking for more information.
This case remains under investigation by the Washington Police Department, the Illinois State Police CSI Unit, and the Tazewell County Coroner’s Office.
Tom Maloney, of Maloney Service and Supply Co. says Kyle was an employee at his business.
“Kyle McMurtrey was an employee of Maloney Service & Supply Co. He was a hard worker, was never late, nor missed a day of work. He was loved by all that worked with him. We learned of Kyle’s passing this morning. He will be greatly missed. We are praying for Kyle’s family and loved ones,” Maloney said.
- 29-year-old indicted for Peoria homicide
- Unit 5 goes remote for remainder of semester; D87 continues Hybrid Model
- Cake Shoppe in Bartonville closing after over 40 years in business
- Salvation Army Red Kettles going silent due to COVID-19
- ‘If my kids can’t brighten up my day what am I living for,’ Mom and six kids separated after being kicked out of shelter