WASHINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — With the chances of snow increasing, Washington Police want to make sure streets are clear for snowplows.
Washington Police posted on Facebook Tuesday, threatening to confiscate basketball hoops on public roadways and melt them into plow blades.
In the post, Washington police warn that some basketball hoops “on or darn close to the street are a hazard for plow drivers and other motorists.”
WMBD Chief Meteorologist Chris Yates said that Washington residents could potentially expect snowfall that would require snowplows Friday, So residents with Basketball hoops on or near a public roadway should be sure to move them a safe distance away.
- ISU Women Lead Wire to Wire to Beat Bradley, 66-54
- Those in Peoria’s Muslim community hopeful after Biden reverses Trumps travel ban
- Hy-Vee offering COVID-19 vaccines by appointment
- Bloomington District 87 to continue hybrid learning for the foreseeable future
- GM of Peoria Civic Center hopeful about future, event organizers adapt in the meantime