PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A woman’s body has not been located since witnesses reported a woman jumping off the Bob Michel Bridge Friday afternoon.
According to a written statement from the Peoria Fire Department, “multiple” people near the bridge told first responders they saw a lady jump off the bridge at around 4:40 p.m. Friday. Visitors at the Embassy Suites told East Peoria Police that they witnessed a female yelling for help while fighting against the strong water currents.
There was a search team deployed to take pictures and dive and search but a body wasn’t located. The only thing that was found was a pair of women’s shoes. The fire department said they searched for the woman for hours but terminated the search with no one found.
- IDPH announces 4,318 new cases of COVID-19, 33 additional deaths
- Trump to depart DC for Florida ahead of Biden’s inauguration
- Eric Church, Jazmine Sullivan to sing national anthem at Super Bowl LV
- Woman accused of stealing laptop from Pelosi’s office during Capitol riot
- COVID-19 tool tracks cases at school and campuses across Illinois