PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A woman’s body has not been located since witnesses reported a woman jumping off the Bob Michel Bridge Friday afternoon.
According to a written statement from the Peoria Fire Department, “multiple” people near the bridge told first responders they saw a lady jump off the bridge at around 4:40 p.m. Friday. Visitors at the Embassy Suites told East Peoria Police that they witnessed a female yelling for help while fighting against the strong water currents.
There was a search team deployed to take pictures and dive and search but a body wasn’t located. The only thing that was found was a pair of women’s shoes. The fire department said they searched for the woman for hours but terminated the search with no one found.
- Central Illinoisans pay close attention to presidential debate, candidates bump heads on stage
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Prep Sports Recap for Sept. 29, 2020
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- 18 year old man killed in semi crash in Woodford County