PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A woman’s body has not been located since witnesses reported a woman jumping off the Bob Michel Bridge Friday afternoon.
According to a written statement from the Peoria Fire Department, “multiple” people near the bridge told first responders they saw a lady jump off the bridge at around 4:40 p.m. Friday. Visitors at the Embassy Suites told East Peoria Police that they witnessed a female yelling for help while fighting against the strong water currents.
There was a search team deployed to take pictures and dive and search but a body wasn’t located. The only thing that was found was a pair of women’s shoes. The fire department said they searched for the woman for hours but terminated the search with no one found.
- Engineers warn against picking lowest bidder for infrastructure jobs
- Local vaccination efforts pivoting as Johnson & Johnson vaccine is put on hold
- House eyes ending qualified immunity for ‘bad apples’ in law enforcement
- Proof of income requirements targeted in anti-homelessness bill
- H.O.P.E. closes on 2.5 acre lot to build home for homeless