GOODFIELD — The Woodford County coroner said preliminary autopsy results suggest the family that died in the Goodfield trailer park fire experienced carbon monoxide intoxication.

Coroner Tim Ruestman said 69-year-old Kathryn Murray, 34-year-old Jason Wall, 2-year-old Damien Wall, 2-year-old Rose Alwood and 1-year-old Ariel Wall died in the blaze from intoxication.

The fire started just after 11 p.m. on Saturday at the Timberline Mobile Home Park in Goodfield. Ruestman pronounced the victims dead just before midnight.

Katrina Alwood and her son Kyle were able to escape. They were transported to OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria for treatement and then were released. 

Ariel, Damien and Kyle were Katrina and Jason’s children, Ruestman said. Alwood was a niece and Murray was Katrina’s grandmother.

A Facebook donation page has been created to help Katrina and Kyle by Amanda Beyer, Kyle’s aunt. 

“It was surreal, it was just a fire ball when we got over here. Flames were shooting out from the center of the home. I’ve deteriorated over my head all night long just children crying and moms crying for their babies. It’s horrible, ” said Annamarie, a neighbor.

Eureka Goodfield Fire Chief said 23 firefighters from 4 departments were at the scene last Saturday night. They were able to get the fire under control in 15 minutes and cleared the scene by approximately 5 a.m. on Sunday.

The Goodfield community is rallying together to provide support to the family monetarily and emotionally.

Goodfield Elementary School principal, Randal Berardi, said they live in a tight-knit community and is confident that the family will be surrounded with love and support.

“…When something happens to any familty it is felt throughout the community and this is no different it’s been very painful for the family and the community as a whole,” Berardi said.