UPDATE: 7:10 P.M. — A Comcast represenative now says the outage was caused by a truck traveling in an easment that is closed to vehicles. It struck the network and did significant damage. That damage is now being attributed to the outage in Peoria and other areas.
The company says its crews are onsite working to repair the damage and says it has been able to restore service in most of the affected areas. Any area without service is being worked on as quickly as possible.
PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Xfinity outages are being reported across not just central Illinois, but the Midwest on Wednesday afternoon.
Comcast has not yet provided word on the cause of the outages, or when internet service would be restored.
For more information, including a live outage map, click here.
- Prep Sports Roundup for April 17, 2021
- Downtown Bloomington Farmers Market goes outdoors early for Spring Fever Market
- Friends & family of Rica Rountree remember the young girl on what would have been her 11th birthday
- Peoria German American Society brings seasonal markets back to the area
- Easterseals 5k kicks off a week-long fundraising effort