BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — There will not be a Minor League Baseball season in 2020.
The announcement by the MiLB was made Tuesday after Major League Baseball informed them that they would not be providing affiliated players this year. MiLB decided to cancel the season as a result.
“These are unprecedented times for our country and our organization as this is the first time in our history that we’ve had a summer without Minor League Baseball played,” said MiLB President and CEO Pat O’Conner. “While this is a sad day for many, this announcement removes the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 season and allows our teams to begin planning for an exciting 2021 season of affordable family entertainment.”
WMBD will be live streaming a press release on Wednesday, July 1 at 11:00 am for more information.
- Local health department leaders say COVID-19 cases could increase after Fourth of July celebrations
- Kurt’s Korner for July 7, 2020: trick shots in a parking garage
- Morton School Board using parent input to create return-to-school plan
- Community members rally in front of Peoria Police Department to support law enforcement
- Pekin High School to host graduation ceremony