Patrick Ewing, the head coach of the Georgetown Hoyas, has tested positive for the coronavirus.
The former New York Knicks star announced the diagnosis on Twitter, adding, “This virus is serious and should not be taken lightly.”
Ewing decided to share the news publicly to “emphasize that this virus can affect anyone,” according to a statement from Georgetown Athletics.
Ewing is isolated at an area hospital for treatment.
No one else in the Georgetown men’s basketball program has tested positive for the virus, according to the statement.
“I want everyone to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones,” Ewing tweeted.
- Friends of Mona Ellison say the man accused of her murder is someone she helped out when he was homeless
- Miller Park Zoo will open all exhibits for the first time in almost a year
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- $31.5 million in Illinois adult-use cannabis revenue used for community building grants
- COVID-19 vaccine distributed to individuals in EP!C residential program