Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Local financial planner says pandemic is affecting quarterly earnings for companies like Caterpillar
- 88th District challenger Karla Bailey-Smith talks collaboration, creative problem-solving
- State bans indoor dining in Chicago, adds restrictions starting Friday due to resurgence of COVID-19
- Second stimulus checks: Trump eyes aid deal with direct payments after Election Day
- Eureka High School to begin online learning Oct. 28