(KXAN/CNN) — Earlier this week, a contestant on TBS’ game show “Wipeout” died hours after completing an obstacle course, according to CNN.
Sources close to production tell CNN the man received on-site emergency medical attention, but later died. The sources say “Wipeout” contestants must complete physical examinations before entering the competition — and were tested for COVID-19 this year.
In a statement, the show’s production company, Endemol Shine North America said: “We offer our heartfelt condolences to the family and our thoughts are with them at this time.”
“Wipeout” halted production the rest of the week but will resume after Thanksgiving.
- Fire destroys mobile home in Peoria Saturday morning, 1 taken to hospital
- IDPH announces 5,152 new cases of COVID-19, 97 new deaths
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Open for Business: Peoria record store owner pushes through health scares, pandemic to keep tunes spinning
- Did the Facebook app force log you out, too?