BEARDSTOWN, Ill. (AP) — Central Illinois officials have identified two boys who drowned last week in the Illinois River as brothers.
The Cass County death examiner announced Tuesday that 15-year-old Briston M. Dunmire and 12-year-old Jorden L. Dunmire had died Sunday.
The State-Journal Register reports the siblings from Beardstown were playing in shallow water along the river’s edge on Aug. 6 near downtown Beardstown when they apparently wandered too far from the bank, became caught in the current and vanished.
Their bodies were found over the next two days in the area about 50 miles northwest of Springfield. Preliminary results suggest they drowned.
- Jupiter and Saturn – The ‘Great Conjunction’ of 2020
- Former McLean County Health Department spokesman speaks out about suing county for ‘unlawful discrimination’
- Homeless people seek refuge under Murray Baker Bridge, sleeping in tents
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music providing personalized 2020 review