CHICAGO (WGN) — A Chicago officer has been stripped of his police powers due to his behavior last week in Lincoln Park.
As the officer and his partner left the scene of a George Floyd protest, he was caught on camera flipping off the protesters.
Mayor Lori Lightfoot is calling for the officer to be fired. For now, the police superintendent’s office said the officer is demoted to desk duty.
His name has not yet been released.
- K-4, special education students return to school in October
- Big 12 Golf Tournament Roundup
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- Bloomington Council tables Public Arts Commission vote
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts