SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — Illinois members of the Electoral College have chosen Joe Biden for president.
The 20-0 vote in favor of the Democratic president-elect on Monday was announced by the Illinois Electoral College chairwoman, Lori Lightfoot, the mayor of Chicago. Biden defeated Republican President Donald Trump.
Presidential electors coast to coast are casting the votes that will choose Joe Biden as the nation’s next president, a formality that has taken on added importance this year because of President Donald Trump’s refusal to concede he lost his race for re-election.
- Proposed Club Car Wash on corner of Glen Ave. and University St.
- Reynolds Brothers Return to PND, Irish Back on Floor for Practice
- Trump button used to order Diet Coke disappears from Oval Office’s Resolute Desk
- “She had a heart of gold;” Friend remembers Mona Ellison
- Illinois Congressman Goes to Bat for High School Sports