SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) — The Illinois Department of Public Health is reporting 1,381 new confirmed cases of COVID-19, and eight new confirmed deaths.
Monday’s reported fatalities bring the statewide death toll due to the virus to 8,179 since the start of the pandemic. There have been 250,961 confirmed coronavirus cases during the same period. Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 28,975 tests of specimens for a total of 4,447,347 tests conducted in Illinois.
That brings the seven-day statewide positivity rate for cases as a percent of total tests to 4.2%.
- Bond set at $25K for ‘Dreadhead Cowboy’ after horse ride on Dan Ryan
- Stimulus checks: Mark Cuban pushes for $1,000 payments every 2 weeks
- Big Game Bound Week 3: Mahomes and Chiefs vs. Jackson and Ravens
- Former Peoria Bishop passes away Thursday; funeral to be in Peoria
- Unit 5 students returning to in-person learning in October