CARLINVILLE, Ill. (AP) — A man has been charged with first-degree murder in the death of a 23-month-old girl who died after her head was apparently slammed against a wall of her mother’s Southern Illinois home.
Authorities say that Allan R. Castleberry Jr. was the live-in boyfriend of the child’s mother in February when he allegedly struck her head against the wall inside their Carlinville home on Feb. 3. Castleberry was arraigned this week in a Macoupin County courtroom, where a judge set his bond at $1 million.
- Man arrested in connection to May South Metro Market shooting
- Missing man found dead by Peoria County Sheriff’s Office
- Makers Madness tournament kicks off to find the ‘Coolest Thing’ made in Illinois
- Lawmakers ask Governor Pritzker to veto police reform bill
- Peoria Health Department leader says demand for vaccine is high but doses are low