CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is warning decisive actions will be taken against city residents who flout Illinois’ stay-a-home order issued to fight the continued spread of the coronavirus by holding house parties.
Lightfoot made the comment on a West Side street corner near where officials said a party was planned Saturday night. Chicago police say they broke up several such parties across the city on Friday night and learned several were planned Saturday, including the one near the spot Lightfoot spoke.
Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s stay-at-home order went into March 21 and was extended to May 30.
- Friends of Mona Ellison say the man accused of her murder is someone she helped out when he was homeless
- Miller Park Zoo will open all exhibits for the first time in almost a year
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- $31.5 million in Illinois adult-use cannabis revenue used for community building grants
- COVID-19 vaccine distributed to individuals in EP!C residential program