CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is warning decisive actions will be taken against city residents who flout Illinois’ stay-a-home order issued to fight the continued spread of the coronavirus by holding house parties.
Lightfoot made the comment on a West Side street corner near where officials said a party was planned Saturday night. Chicago police say they broke up several such parties across the city on Friday night and learned several were planned Saturday, including the one near the spot Lightfoot spoke.
Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s stay-at-home order went into March 21 and was extended to May 30.
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice
- Virtual Vigil hopes to bring the Bloomington Normal community together
- Lawmaker: US has had worst response to pandemic worldwide
- Lawmakers divided over Mattis’ criticism of Trump’s response to protests
- US lawmakers worry about child abuse during pandemic, push for more funding to help