ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Winnebago County Coroner Bill Hintz says one person was killed when a small twin engine plane crashed during takeoff a the Chicago Rockford International Airport Thursday afternoon.
Airport administrators said the Beechcraft King Air 200 plane went off the runway, and caught fire upon impact.
Fire crews from multiple local agencies were called out around 3:45 p.m.
This Story is developing.
- Two rescued from house fire in Pontiac
- A group of local parents advocates for “justice, equity” within Peoria Public Schools
- D87 board will soon vote to cement the late Coach Bob Loy’s legacy
- After many years of service to the Kickapoo community, one mechanic is ready to shift gears
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening