ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Winnebago County Coroner Bill Hintz says one person was killed when a small twin engine plane crashed during takeoff a the Chicago Rockford International Airport Thursday afternoon.
Airport administrators said the Beechcraft King Air 200 plane went off the runway, and caught fire upon impact.
Fire crews from multiple local agencies were called out around 3:45 p.m.
This Story is developing.
- Several sick — 1 with kidney failure — in multistate E. coli outbreak linked to cake mix, CDC says
- Spirit Airlines cancels half its flights; American Airlines also struggling
- Missouri governor pardons gun-waving St. Louis lawyer couple
- Afuri Ramen brings taste of Tokyo to the US
- Corn Stock Theatre has a show mixing the works of William Shakespeare