UPDATE: Around 9:30 a.m. one of the boys bodies was recovered. The search for the second youth continues.
BEARDSTOWN, Ill. (WCIA) — Two boys are missing after they were last seen playing in the shallow waters of the Illinois River.
Officials say the two boys, ages 12 and 15, were in the shallows around 7:30 p.m. on Thursday night.
In a press release issued by the fire department, it says, “The two boys were last seen wading in the shallow water near the Burlington North Santa Fe Bridge when they apparently waded out to far, got caught up in the current and disappeared.”
Several crews spent the night looking for the two boys.
The search continues.
- Peoria PD continues to seek public’s help in missing person case
- Distillery Labs scheduled to open towards the end of 2021, hires new executive director
- ISU Shatters Scoring Record, Wins Home Opener 177-108
- Jupiter and Saturn – The ‘Great Conjunction’ of 2020
- Former McLean County Health Department spokesman speaks out about suing county for ‘unlawful discrimination’