UPDATE: Around 9:30 a.m. one of the boys bodies was recovered. The search for the second youth continues.
BEARDSTOWN, Ill. (WCIA) — Two boys are missing after they were last seen playing in the shallow waters of the Illinois River.
Officials say the two boys, ages 12 and 15, were in the shallows around 7:30 p.m. on Thursday night.
In a press release issued by the fire department, it says, “The two boys were last seen wading in the shallow water near the Burlington North Santa Fe Bridge when they apparently waded out to far, got caught up in the current and disappeared.”
Several crews spent the night looking for the two boys.
The search continues.
- TBT Highlights Big Basketball Week in Peoria
- Virginia man shares experiences of life in Japan during the pandemic
- Heartland Health Services host event giving out 200 backpacks, school supplies
- Certain severe thunderstorm warnings will become wireless emergency alerts
- Bring the pain: Olympic swimming begins with grueling 400 IM