UPDATE: Around 9:30 a.m. one of the boys bodies was recovered. The search for the second youth continues.
BEARDSTOWN, Ill. (WCIA) — Two boys are missing after they were last seen playing in the shallow waters of the Illinois River.
Officials say the two boys, ages 12 and 15, were in the shallows around 7:30 p.m. on Thursday night.
In a press release issued by the fire department, it says, “The two boys were last seen wading in the shallow water near the Burlington North Santa Fe Bridge when they apparently waded out to far, got caught up in the current and disappeared.”
Several crews spent the night looking for the two boys.
The search continues.
- Illinois region to return to Phase 4; indoor dining, larger gatherings may resume with restrictions
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, other stars reunite for ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’ virtual table read
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 1
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 2
- Cracker Barrel set to add these alcoholic drinks to its menus