MISSOURI (WMBD) — The black bear known as “Bruno” who roamed the west side of central Illinois was finally tranquilized Sunday near Wentzville, Mo.
Elsberry Police Department released a statement on Facebook with a photo of Bruno in a subdued position after local conservation units managed to tranquilize the bear. Bruno made it to St. Charles County on July 1 before being spotted and quickly sedated during the holiday weekend.
Bruno made himself known on the radar back in June when he was spotted in Wisconsin. He has migrated hundreds of miles since then in the hopes of finding a mate. He was taken to an undisclosed location away from civilization.
- Purdue rallies to top Iowa 24-20 in West Lafayette
- IU gambles on 2-point conversion, tops No. 8 Penn State for upset in Bloomington
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Illinois sees record number of COVID cases Saturday
- Days away: We’re counting down to daylight saving and extra sleep