NORMAL, Ill. (WMBD) – Teachers in Unit 5 can expect a bump in pay, every year until 2023. On Wednesday night the district approved a new three year contract for teachers that would effectively bump up the base pay.
The contract is as follows, the entry level salary for an incoming teacher with a bachelor’s degree is being increased from $37,600 to $38,108 ($38,965 including Board paid Teacher Retirement System) during the current school year.
Next school year it’ll be raised to $38,584 ($39,452 including Board paid TRS). The following (2022-2023 school year) it will be raised to $39,124 ($40,004 including Board paid TRS).
“On a typical teacher salary schedule, based on their years of experience and education, their rate of pay comes from the base,” said Superintendent Dr. Kristen Kendrick-Weikle. “By increasing the base, other teachers will feel a ripple effect, and get an increase as well.”
The contract will run until after the 2022-2023 school year.
- Peoria city council, county board expected to approve racial justice commission
- Our Table – Peoria airs world premiere episode
- Clear and Present Danger: The Waste
- Ross Jackson wins 2020 Hershey Grant for encouraging everyone to be kind
- D87 eyeballing proposal that would eliminate final exams and reduce graduation requirements