UPDATE (11:35 a.m.) — The victim in a shooting on Jan. 4 and the accused shooter have been identified, the Galesburg Police Department has announced.
According to the department, at approximately 5 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 4, officers responded to a shooting in the 300 block of West First Street.
Upon arrival, the victim, Rachel Likes, 26, was found in the driver’s seat of her vehicle with multiple gunshot wounds.
Likes was treated at the scene then transported to Cottage Emergency Room where she was later pronounced dead.
An investigation was launched by the Galesburg Police Department, Illinois State Police, Knox County Sheriff’s Office, the FBI TOC West Task Force, and the Knoxville Police Department.
As a result, Maquesha S. Ramey, 26, was arrested for murder and is currently being held at the Knox County Jail.
GALESBURG, Ill. (WMBD) — Galesburg Police are investigating two separate shootings that happened about an hour apart from each other Monday.
The first shooting took place around 4 p.m. near Brook and Academy St. Officers found a vehicle that had been shot. No one was injured in the shooting.
The second shooting took place around 5 p.m. near First and Academy St. Police found a woman shot in a vehicle parked in a driveway.
The victim was transported to the Cottage Emergency Room. The victim’s condition is currently unknown.
Both cases are currently under investigation.
- Bradley Volleyball Tunes Up for Opener with Win Over UIS
- Connect Transit searching for new general manager, looks to hire by March
- Sen. Dick Durbin, lawmakers re-introduce Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act bill
- Liquor license fees waved for Washington bars and restaurants
- UnityPoint Health distributes over 500 vaccines on first-day of phase 1-B