SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — The state of Illinois has surpassed 10 million COVID-19 tests the same day the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) reported 11,378 new and probable cases and 155 additional deaths.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 685,467 cases, including 11,832 deaths.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 114,233 specimens for a total 10,104,537.
As of last night, 6,133 in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 1,208 patients were in the ICU and 679 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of the total test from Nov. 18-24 is 10.6%.
The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from Nov. 18-24 is 12.2%.
- Bradley Volleyball Tunes Up for Opener with Win Over UIS
- Connect Transit searching for new general manager, looks to hire by March
- Sen. Dick Durbin, lawmakers re-introduce Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act bill
- Liquor license fees waved for Washington bars and restaurants
- UnityPoint Health distributes over 500 vaccines on first-day of phase 1-B