PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — An anonymous customer wanted to pay tribute to a local hospital during these unprecedented times.
Saturday night The Country Club BBQ received a large online order for $500 worth of food. The customer told CCBBQ that they wanted to show gratitude to a local hospital.
“I don’t want any recognition, I just want to show my appreciation for what they’re doing,” the anonymous customer told CCBBQ.
The food was donated to OSF Saint Francis Medical Center around 7 p.m. and CCBBQ staff said they are proud to be a part of something positive and uplifting.
“It feels absolutely amazing,” CCBBQ server James Wilson said. “We have great support from the community and customers.”
- Fire crews respond to hazmat spill in Chillicothe
- Bradley’s Late Heroics Fall Short, Xavier Tops Braves 51-50
- Illinois Wins Second Straight To Open Season
- Peoria’s South Side Mission still feeds thousands on Thanksgiving under new regulations
- With recommendations to not travel this holiday season, Wildlife Prairie Park offers families the chance to spend this Thanksgiving outside, and closer to home