PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — An anonymous customer wanted to pay tribute to a local hospital during these unprecedented times.
Saturday night The Country Club BBQ received a large online order for $500 worth of food. The customer told CCBBQ that they wanted to show gratitude to a local hospital.
“I don’t want any recognition, I just want to show my appreciation for what they’re doing,” the anonymous customer told CCBBQ.
The food was donated to OSF Saint Francis Medical Center around 7 p.m. and CCBBQ staff said they are proud to be a part of something positive and uplifting.
“It feels absolutely amazing,” CCBBQ server James Wilson said. “We have great support from the community and customers.”
- Area Wrestlers Bring Home ‘Unofficial’ Class 1A State Championships Thursday
- Facet Technologies sets up new headquarters in Peoria’s Fourth District
- Open for Business: ‘The Baking Baer’ food truck makes community debut
- Rain creates a potential for flooding; how highway departments prepare and ways to protect your home
- Florida pastor and son arrested for storming U.S. Capitol