PEORIA, Ill (WMBD) — Labor Day signals the last weekend for Lou’s Drive In.
The long-time restaurant, typically open for summer is shutting down until spring time. Crowds of people were out enjoying their favorite foods Friday.
The owner saying it’s been a successful season and is looking forward to next year.
“It’s bittersweet. It’s a lot of hours the last couple of weeks cause a lot of the kids are already back in schools. So, it’s myself, my husband, family, parents help out a lot so it’s bittersweet, I’m sad to see it over, but I’m ready for a break,” said Laurie Halsey, owner.
Lou’s is open Saturday from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. Sunday, September 6th, is its last day, and they will be open until 6:00 pm.
- Prep Sports Recap for March 8, 2021: Spring Sports to Play State Tournaments in Front of Fans; Volleyball Starts as Hoops Winds Down
- Village of Morton decreasing February gas bill to reduce financial burden on customers
- Peoria Public School Board gives update on summer school plan
- Bloomington council moves forward roadwork projects for FY 2022, 2023
- Clear and Present Danger: The Remedy