PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A man was struck by a motorcycle Saturday morning after he stumbled out into the road for unknown reason, according the Peoria County Coroner.
According to County Coroner Jamie Harwood, at around 12:30 a.m. Saturday, Peoria County Sheriff’s Office and Advanced Medical Transport responded to the 7400 block of West Plank Road for reports that a pedestrian had been hit by a motorcycle.
The victim is identified as 49-year-old Allen Hulin of Peoria. Harwood said he was pronounced dead at the scene at 1:40 a.m. and an autopsy found he suffered severe head trauma and other blunt force trauma injuries. He said Hulin likely died instantly.
The accident remains under investigation and toxicology testing is pending, Harwood said.
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system
- Advocates for and against abortion speaks on abortion rights
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR