PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — On Monday, the Missouri Valley Conference (MVC) Presidents Council said they will delay the start of competition for fall sports until Friday, Sept. 18.
The list of fall competitive schedules that will be delayed until Sept. 18 include:
- Cross Country (Men’s and Women’s)
- Golf (Men’s and Women’s)
- Women’s Tennis
- Baseball (non-championship)
- Softball (non-championship)
Officials say the league will hold conference-only competition in:
- Men’s Soccer
- Women’s Soccer
The decision does not include football-playing institutions that compete in leagues with separate governing bodies. This includes members of the Pioneer Football League and the Missouri Valley Football Conference. Non-MVC sponsored sports in which conference institutions meet are also not included.
Officials said winter and spring sports schedules are not impacted at this time, as well as MVC championship models for fall sports.
They say MVC institutions may continue with athletics activities at their discretion so long as the activities fall under approved safety protocols established in the NCAA’s Resocialization of College Sports Guidelines while following state, local, and institutional policies.
- Syracuse Alumni Stop Always A Brave in TBT Illinois Regional, 69-54
- Open for Business: Local gymnasts train with Olympics serving as inspiration
- American Finke takes gold in men’s 800 free Olympic debut
- Colorado links 14 COVID cases to MLB All-Star Game events
- “I miss his presence, I’d trade the world for him,” Godparents remembering Peoria pre-teen who was shot, killed