GALESBURG, Ill. (WMBD) — No funeral services will be held for the Galesburg man found dead four days after he was first reported missing, but family members are organizing other services.
An obituary from the Watson-Thomas Funeral Home in Galesburg said cremation rites will be accorded for Bobby Zimmerman, 42, of Galesburg. The Knox County Coroner confirmed Zimmerman was found and pronounced dead Friday, July 17.
Stephanie Zimmerman told WMBD Thursday a candlelight vigil will be held for her husband Saturday, September 25, at 8pm at Lake Storey Park in Galesburg. A celebration of life service, Zimmerman said, will be August 1 at his home in Galesburg.
A GoFundMe page has been set up by Zimmerman’s son Bryson to help with funeral expenses.
- Peoria Public School Board delays vote on renaming Thomas Jefferson Elementary & calendar change
- Prep Sports Recap for April 12, 2021: IHSA Updates Mask Rules, Normal Community Wins Soccer Thriller, Princeville Volleyball Still Perfect
- State police investigating shooting of northern Illinois man
- Bloomington Council approves $251.7 million budget, debate ensues about police funding
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan