PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Five additional cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed at the Peoria County jail.
Friday morning, Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell confirmed the new cases, which bring the total number of detainees testing positive to 34.
So far, there is a positivity rate of 20% on the completed tests. There have been 166 tests completed on detainees, with 34 tested positive and 132 tested negative.
The jail is still waiting on 80 tests.
- Otters at Georgia Aquarium test positive for COVID-19
- West Peoria community is hands-on for new Whittier Primary School playground
- MANHUNT: Former Travis County detective a suspect in deadly northwest Austin shooting
- More Texans would support Matthew McConaughey for governor over Greg Abbott, poll shows
- Peoria Park District Earth Week event gets children excited about trash