SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — Republican incumbent Congressman Rodney Davis (R-Taylorville) and Democratic challenger Betsy Dirksen Londrigan (D-Springfield) faced off in a debate Monday evening at the WCIA-TV studios in Springfield.
They discussed issues facing Illinois’ 13th Congressional District. The coverage began at 7 p.m. Monday.
Both candidates submitted to temperature screenings and debated from a safe distance in an effort to adhere to CDC guidelines.
It was their first debate since Davis won a close race by just about 2,000 votes in 2018. In that race, Dirksen Londrigan hammered him for his votes on the Affordable Care Act.
This story will be updated.
- New CrossFit gym looking to offer affordable memberships to low-income families
- Western Illinois University announces updated remote-learning plan
- Peoria Dunkin’ Donuts employee arrested after punching customer
- Peoria city manager presents balanced 2021 budget to city council members
- Governor May Have Tipped His Hand on IHSA Winter Sports Tuesday