NEW YORK (AP) — Major League Baseball’s Field of Dreams game in Iowa has been postponed until 2021 because of the novel coronavirus.
The game at a newly constructed ballpark on the cornfield adjacent to the site of the 1989 movie had been scheduled for Aug. 13 in Dyersville.
The Chicago White Sox originally had been set to host the New York Yankees. When MLB remade its schedule following the delayed start to the season, the St. Louis Cardinals became the opponent.
MLB will keep the White Sox as one of the teams for the game next year. The other team has not been determined.
- Afuri Ramen brings taste of Tokyo to the US
- Corn Stock Theatre has a show mixing the works of William Shakespeare
- Fun events are coming up this weekend in the Peoria area | Weekly Discoveries
- No gymnastics team gold, but US women show depth during Tokyo stay
- Olympics carry a question: What does it mean to be Japanese?