PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD/WYZZ) — The Metamora girls golf team opened the area high school sports season with a dual-meet win over Macomb at Metamora Fields Golf Course Friday.
Hannah Heiden shot a 42 and her playing partner Brooke Drier added a 43 in the 177-186 win over Macomb. Kerri Troutt’s 45 and Taylor Whitaker’s 47 also helped the Redbirds to their first win of the season.
Macomb’s Lily Vardaman was the medalist with a 41.
This week marked the return of high school sporting events in Illinois for the first time since March.
In other high school sports news, Manual athletic director Tim Kenny announced longtime Rams football coach Ed Cagle has retired. He was planning on coaching one final season and announcing his retirement at the end of the calendar year Kenny said, but prep football has been moved to the spring this school year.
- ISU students hold virtual Inauguration watch party
- How to score a McDonald’s cheeseburger for 25 cents Thursday
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- Man injured in Tripp Ave. shooting
- Mother, wife, Vice President: Kamala Harris breaking barriers for minorities, women nationwide