Before a flood...
- Learn whether your home, school or place of work is at risk of flooding
- Find alternate routes to important locations
- Make a family communications plan
- If evacuation orders are issued in advance, follow them
During a flood...
- Never drive or walk into flood waters
- If told to evacuate, do so immediately
- Get to higher ground
- Get information from local TV/radio or your mobile device
After a flood...
- Avoid damaged areas and flood waters
- Heed road closed and other cautionary signs
- Wait for the “all clear” to enter a flood-damaged structure
- Contact your loved ones via text or social media to keep phone lines clear