Dr. Tom Mulvey, an orthopedic surgeon with Midwest Orthopeadic Center is leading the implementation of the Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery in our UnityPoint Health Orthopedic Surgery team.
UnityPoint Health is the first organization to adapt Mako throughout Central Illinois.
Robotic-arm assisted surgery: market leadership with Stryker
Over 70,000 robotic-arm assisted hip & knee procedures
- 16,500+ in 2015; >700 active surgeon users
- Over 1500 surgeons attended cadaveric and saw bones training courses
- The global market leader in robotic-arm assisted PKA
Patient specific 3D planning & Robotic-Arm Assisted execution:
- CT derived, patient-specific 3-D modeling enables accurate planning of implant size,
orientation and alignment preoperatively
- Real-time intra-operative adjustments allow for more correct knee kinematics and
soft-tissue balance prior to resection4
- In a cadaveric study, has been shown to provide excellent accuracy and precision
with regard to planned cup position, leg length, and offset5
- Allows single stage reaming for the hip
Click the link to watch a video about the robotic arm!